Information Collected and Stored
Information we collect about you (hereinafter “Personal Information”)
We collect information about you from various sources:
Information provided by you
You do not need to provide us with any personal data in order to visit the Platform for a certain period of time (currently set at 30 minutes). However, after that period of time we require that you register for a DI account and, by doing so, you will be required to provide us with certain information:
- Essential information: When you register any kind of DI account, you will need to provide your email address and choose a password. When using as social app/network to sign up for an account on the Platform, your first name, last name, UID and profile picture will also be collected as part of the process. In addition, if you purchase a Premium Subscription, you will also need to provide your billing address and payment verification information.
- Profile information: There are no public profiles of our listeners on DI. However, you have the opportunity to provide the following information in connection with your personal profile on DI:
- your real name;
- a profile picture
- In the event that we institute user generated playlists, a curator profile will be publicly displayed which will include your chosen name, other profile information and a brief content description that will be provided by you along with links to your other playlists on the Platform.
- Note: we do not utilize User Names for the user profiles, we simply use your email address.
None of this profile information is mandatory for simple use of the service under thirty (30) minutes in duration. After using the Platform for thirty (30) minutes, you will be asked to register an account and the information set out above will be required for its formation. If you do not wish to provide this information, please do not set up an account with us. Any information you do provide may be deleted, edited, changed or amended by you at any time within the setting tab in your account.
- Information from correspondence: You will provide certain personal data if you contact us by email, use any of the webforms on the Platform, or contact us by mail, fax or other offline means.
- Survey information: If you participate in any survey, you will provide certain personal data as part of your response, unless you respond anonymously.
- Information that you post: You may provide personal data when you post comments, or contribute to community discussions.
Information we collect automatically
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device from which you access the Platform (this can sometimes be used to derive the country or city from which you are accessing the Platform)
- the site that you visited immediately prior to visiting the Website
- the specific actions that you take on the Platform, including the pages that you visit, streaming, connecting your Facebook or Google+ account, sharing links related to the Platform with a third party, following or unfollowing another user, following of content and/or channels, posting a comment, or performing a search
- any search terms that you may enter on the Platform
- the time, frequency and duration of your visits to the Platform
- your browser type and operating system
- the nature of the device from which you are accessing the Platform, for example, whether you are accessing the Platform from a personal computer or from a mobile device and its device-ID
- your location data (e.g. IP address) when using the Apps,
- information regarding your interaction with email messages, for example, whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email message.
Information from other sources
In addition, when you interact with the Platform, our servers may keep an activity log that does not identify you individually ("Anonymous Information"). Generally, this information is collected through "traffic data". We collect and store certain administrative and traffic information with each use of the service or Platform including: time of access, date of access, web page(s), software crash reports, type of browser used, session identification number, search terms, search results, access times and referring websites addresses.
Information Collected From Children
This Platform is not directed at those persons under the age of 16 and who are located in the European Union (“EU”) countries and is not directed to children under the age of 13 in countries that are not part of the EU (a “Restricted Person”). Company does not knowingly collect personal information from persons specified in the first sentence of this section. If you are under 16 years of age and are located in an EU country or are under 13 years of age and located in a country outside the EU you must not use the Platform, and under no circumstance should you provide personally information to Company. If Company discovers that a Restricted Person has provided Company with personal information, Company will immediately delete that Restricted Person's information from the Platform. Your use of the Platform is your warranty to us that you are not a Restricted Person.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes: Use of and interaction with the Platform:
- To operate and maintain your DI account, and to provide you with access to the Platform that you may request from time to time. Your email address and password are used to identify you when you sign into the Platform. Your device-IDs are used to ensure that you are in control of the devices that have access to your Subscription.
- To identify you as the creator of the comments that you post and/or the other contributions that you make to the Platform.
- To seek your participation in surveys, and to conduct and analyze the results of those surveys if you choose to participate.
- To provide you with technical support.
- To respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted.
- To provide DI curators with data regarding people's listening behaviour of the Company radio shows, i.e. likes and dislikes but all anonymously.
- To customize your account page: Any additional information that you provide as part of your Platform account profile, such as your real name, (but not your email address), will be published on your profile page. This information will NOT be publicly accessible.
- To process payment for your subscription: If you purchase a Subscription, your name, address and payment verification information will be used to process your account subscription and renewals and to collect your payment. All payment verification information is transmitted using industry-standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption.
- To service your account: Your email address will be used to send you service updates and notifications regarding your account, and (if you have elected to receive them using your account setting) newsletters, marketing messages and certain email notifications. For information about how to change your settings, and to unsubscribe from newsletters, marketing messages and email notifications, please see the “Email Settings” tab in the “My Account” section of your account on the Platform.
- To help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the Platform. We use the information from one website on other websites in our network of partnering websites which together constitute the "Digitally Imported Network" forming the Platform operated by Digitally Imported, Inc. and owned by the entities set out above.
- To enable third parties to carry out technical, analytical, logistical, advertising or other functions on our behalf.
- In the event we plan to publicly post any of your Personal Information on a Website (as, for instance, a letter), we will request your permission to provide such posting.
Improving and customizing the Platform and advertising:
- To analyze the use of the Platform, and the people visiting the Platform, in order to improve DI and customize it to your needs and interests.
- To customize your use of the Platform and/or the content of any email newsletter or other material that we may send to you from time to time. For other purposes, provided we disclose this to you at the relevant time, and provided that you agree to the proposed use of your personal data.
Use Of Anonymous Information
We use Anonymous Information to help us determine how people use parts of the Platform and who our users are so we can improve our Platform and ensure that it is as appealing as we can make it for as many people as possible. We also use Anonymous Information to provide statistical "ratings" information in aggregated form to our partners and other third parties about how our users collectively use the Platform. We may also use or share Anonymous Information (or other information, other than Personal Information) in any other manner that we deem appropriate or necessary.
We have third party agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and partners, that perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting, billing, marketing, analytics, providing customer service, fraud protection, advertising services, etc. These entities have access to the Personal Information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of that Personal Information. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to the Platform.
We may share non-personal information with our partners and others from time to time. Examples of such non-personal information include the number of users who utilized our Platform during a specific time period. This information generally is shared in an aggregated form.
We may also use or disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Platform; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Platform or our users, and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the users of the Platform or the public.
Steps Taken To Keep Personal Information Secure
The importance of security for all Personal Information associated with you is of utmost concern to us. We exercise great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your device to our servers. Personal Information collected by our Platform is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. To the extent that you purchase something from the Platform, we reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming your order to you. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you. While we try our best to safeguard your Personal Information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Links To or From Another Website
Notice to European Users
Changes to This Policy
Withdrawing consent, Opting Out or Correcting Information
You can withdraw your consent to the manner in which your data is used by the Company at any time. You may always opt out of receiving future e-mail messages and newsletters from Company. Please visit the Settings tab found at your user account to withdraw consent or to update or correct your Personal Information. To request the deletion of your entire account, please send an email with the phrase “Please Delete Account" in the subject line to email@example.com.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Company who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Length of Time Your Data will be Stored
Controllers of Personal Information
The Data Controller for the Platform and any services provided through them is:
Digitally Imported, Inc. 3773 E. Cherry Creek North Drive Suite 575 Denver, CO 80209-3825